Preferred Properties, LLC
|Original Historic Circa 1886 Grand Home
Tuxedo Park, New York
Tuxedo Park Historic "Cottage" built circa 1886. This cedar
shingle 5100 sq ft estate home boasts
all the original details of the period: beautiful moldings,
beamed ceilings, wood floors, 6 fireplaces, built-ins
and so much more. Peaceful lake views from all the major
rooms and a property site full of original
stone walls, walk-ways and mature trees.
ALL ONE HOUR FROM NEW YORK CITY VIA MASS
offered at $1,900,000
Embracing 2,500 acres in the heart of the Ramapo Mountains with 3
private lakes, Tuxedo Park was created over a century ago and is now a
designated Historic District. This beautiful, private, 24 hour secure gated
enclave lies less than one hour from Manhattan via auto or convenient
- Grand entry with wood floors and welcoming fireplace.
- Library with built-in bookcases with original glass doors, wood
paneling, ceiling beams, pocket-doors all overlooking the lake.
- French doors lead from the library to a massive 3-season solarium.
The original porch with wood columns was enclosed in the twenties
and has 60’ of windows overlooking the grounds and the lake and a
beautiful, great fireplace.
- Magnificent Dining Room with wood floors, fireplace, leaded
windows, china closet, ceiling beams and lake views.
- Recently renovated Eat-In-Kitchen with brick wall, marble counters,
Garland Range, beamed ceiling and separate laundry area. A side
door leads to a small slate patio.
- A step-down Powder Room completes the Main Level.
- The main grand staircase with a magnificent bay window with leaded
glass panels leads to the second floor bedrooms.
- A large landing with wood floors and a large linen closet leads to
four beautiful bedrooms, all en-suite.
- Master Suite includes large bedroom with fireplace and lake views.
Double French Doors lead to the Master Sitting Room set in the
“tower” with six side walls, fireplace and lake views.
- A very large Bath/Dressing Room with built-ins completes the
- Bedroom 2 with large closet and full bath
- Bedroom 3 with a walk-in closet, full bath and lake views.
- Bedroom 4 with lake views and a full bath/dressing room with built-
- An original Back Staircase lined with Wainscoting Panels leads to
the Third Floor rooms, all with original wood floors.
- Bedroom 5 is very large and was created from 2 rooms.
- Bedroom 6 is a wonderful 2-room suite in the “tower” with soaring
vaulted ceilings and lake views.
- Bedroom 7
- Almost one acre of beautiful, mature trees, stone walls, weaving
walkways and stairways.
- Large stone terrace.
- Great walk-out basement with plenty of light and 12 foot ceilings.
- Lake Views from 9 rooms & covered porch
- 2-car detached garage
- 6 zone heating
Offered at $1,900,000
Tuxedo Park Preferred Properties LLC
(845) 351-5006 office (917) 282-8633 cell
|218 Route 17, P.O. Box 636
Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Robert Thompson, Principal Broker/Owner
(917) 282-8633 cell email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Marie Hitchen, Sales Associate 845-596-7069